Visiting Westgate Church
Welcome to Westgate. We are glad that you are interested in visiting our church. You will find that we seek to bring glory to God and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in all that we do. We hope you will join us in any or all of the services and consider making our church family the place you call home.
Service times are: Sunday 9:00 am and Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
Youth Service: Wednesday at 7pm in the church annex building.
What to Expect
What is the style of your worship services?
Our weekend service is at 9:00 am It features anointed praise and worship and a powerful message. After the service, don’t feel you need to rush out of the door. You are welcomed to fellowship with the rest of the believers.
What should I wear?
Whatever you normally wear. We are more concerned with meeting you than with what you have on.
How do I get there?
We are located in Port Allen, LA at 1622 Court Street, just off Hwy 1 North. On Highway 1, from either bridge, Court Street is at the second red light. Turn and cross the railroad tracks and travel about ½ mile to the church. We are located on the right side of the street. Grab a map here.
Where do I go when I first arrive on your campus?
Our parking team and greeters will help you find your way. If you desire to utilize our nursery or Champions Church (children’s) programs, you can sign your children in at the appropriate locations. After that, you can proceed to our sanctuary. If you have any questions, ask one of our greeters and they will be happy to help you.
What if I still have questions?
Call the church offices 225.381.5700 or 225.381.5703
Service Times & Location
1622 Court St, Port Allen, Louisiana –
Sunday Morning – 9:00 am
Wednesday Evening – 6:30 pm
House of Prayer
11005 Hwy 77, Maringouin, Louisiana –
Thursday – 6:30 pm prayer and fellowship
As we think about going higher in our relationship with God, other people, and the world, it is helpful to talk about “steps” along the way. Once you have taken the first step–Faith –you’ll find that the others come effortlessly as you live this new life as a Christian.
The First Step: Faith
The most important decision you can make in your life is to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord. This means you recognize that you have a sin problem and you allow Jesus to free you from your sin through his death and resurrection, and then you commit to knowing and following His teaching.
The Next Step: Baptism
The first thing God asks us to do after accepting Jesus as our Savior and Lord is to celebrate that decision by being baptized.
Next Step: Community
As a Christ-follower, in addition to attending worship regularly, we strongly encourage you to get connected with a group of people with whom you can build friendships in true biblical community. This will help you to grow in your understanding of God and his Word. At Westgate, we do that in the context of Fire Groups and other group-specific ministries, such as women, men, youth, and couples.
We offer a class called Discipleship 101. The purpose of this class is to impart the basics of new life as a believer after gaining insight about sin, salvation, faith, and the basics of the Holy Spirit. Through this class, you are better equipped to participate in gospel-centered worship and to receive the Word of God, which makes you stronger and better. No registration is required.
- That every person should be on fire with passion and a fervency, motivated by commitment so strong that the gates of hell cannot stop it.
- That the Holy Spirit is active in supernatural ways – convicting, changing, guiding, healing, restoring, and setting people free.
- That God’s word, the Bible, must be taught accurately, clearly, practically, and with great power.
- That believers are growing and maturing in every area of their lives and learning to be fully devoted to follow Jesus Christ.
- That ordinary people (believers) are empowered to do extraordinary things.
- That compassion is shown to the needy and hurting and where the addicted can come and be set free from the power of sinful and destructive habits…where people are healed, delivered, and made whole.
- That fellowship is warm and genuine, never tainted by anger, selfishness, jealousy, or pride – members love each other with a pure heart, forgive each other, and bear one another’s burdens.
- Believers gather in joyful praise and intimate worship that touches heaven and changes the earth.
- That this is a place of prayer where requests are made with passion and strategic intercession takes place day and night for the needs of people.
- That Westgate is a multigenerational church where the young and the old flow together and appreciate each other. People of different races, nationalities, ages, and social backgrounds relate together in love and unity.
- That children are to be taught the word of God, and capture a sense of God’s destiny for their lives. This is a place where they learn to know God personally and to be used by Him powerfully.
- That everything is done with excellence in order to bring glory to God.
- That people believe God for the miraculous, and with their influence they change neighborhoods, work places, school campuses, family members, friends, and associates.
- That people are actively serving and helping others with their talents, gifts, and abilities. Every gift and ministry is valued and appreciated.